top of page

California Agent Resources


License Transfer Instructions For CA Agents:


  1. Go to the DRE web site-

  2. Click on e-licensing

  3. If you have a sales license, Click on the View/Add Responsible Broker tab

  4. If you have a broker license, Click View/Add Responsible Broker tab

  5. When asked to furnish the eXp Realty license number, it is 01878277.

  6. You will be asked if your broker is available to confirm your license, answer “No.”

  7. You will then be asked to furnish the broker’s email address. It is

  8. While in the e-licensing section, please change the mailing address to your home mailing address.

  9. Please use the address below for your main office address - 2603 Camino Ramon # 200, San Ramon, CA 94583

  • If you have a broker license, there is a separate step on e-licensing to change the main office address. Please make sure to change that to the address above before leaving e-licensing.


  • If your license is restricted, you will not be able to e-license on the DRE site. If you have a sales license, you must complete DRE form 214A and if you have a broker’s license, you must fill out DRE form 215. Once completed, sign and mail to PO Box 3207 Orcutt, CA 93457. The broker will sign and mail to the DRE for processing. If you would like the form sent back to you so you can deliver it to the DRE personally, please include a self addressed, stamped envelope when you mail the form for signature.


  • If you are coming to eXp from another CA brokerage, please contact your Association/Board of REALTORS to change your broker with your local MLS. They may require a transfer form.


  • You are required to join a local Association of REALTORS as a full member immediately after joining eXp Realty. Full Association membership includes local membership, California Association of Realtors and the National Association of REALTORS, immediately after joining eXp Realty.


  • If you are already a member of an Association of Realtors, you will need to transfer your membership to eXp Realty. This generally requires completion of a transfer form and the signature of the broker. Fill out the form completely and send to using an e-sign program for digital signing.

  • Please verify that Deborah Penny and eXp Realty are members of the local Association before you attempt to join. Otherwise, you may need to join another Association/Board.


  • After your license has transferred to eXp Realty, the agent on boarding division will send you an email with instructions on setting up various accounts. Login to and join the California State Group and the California Welcome Center group. In the Files tab of the California Welcome Center group, you will find our state specific handouts with lots of great information. Please read them and keep them handy for quick reference because you are responsible for all information you receive.

License Transer - CA Agent
Prospector MLS Change Form

Prospector MLS Change Form:


1. Fill out the MLS Change Form and sign where it says "Subscriber."

BayEast MLS Change Form

CCAR MLS Change Form

If you don't see your MLS Form change here, please contact your MLS to receive the form. 

2. Docusign the form to your EXP State broker, for their signature. (CA Agents -

3. Email or Fax signed form to correct MLS office at top of the form.

County Realtor Associations and MLS Applications
County Realtor Associations and MLS Applications:

If you do not currently have an e-signature program, we will DocuSign them to the broker in order to expedite the process. Fill out the form and send them back to us:

bottom of page